From small town carpet repair guy, to trusted nationwide innovator – Steve Gordon
“When I was 16 years old, I began my career as a carpet installer’s helper. I was only 16 and was surrounded by some hard-working, tough men who could carry large amounts of carpet on their backs. They could install carpet in no time, and had experience with all sorts of different floorings. These guys were so powerful that the customer’s house would shake when the kicked in the carpet with their knees.”
“I was still a runt, so my back, legs, and knees weren’t very powerful. I couldn’t haul the carpet around on my back like the big guys, and I didn’t have the necessary strength to kick it into place. Since I couldn’t keep up with the rest of the crew, my boss had me take care of the smaller stuff, which included fixing the mistakes that were left after the crew had finished installing the carpet.”
“I eventually grew up and earned my muscle, but by that time I had a local reputation as the go-to guy for carpet repair. I could do all kinds of seamless carpet repairs, even on areas that had been burned for one reason or another. In a way, I became a carpet repair artist, which may seem like an odd description, but many things about carpet repair require a creative approach.”
“I could fix almost every carpet problem, even carpet that many thought was completely ruined. However, many of my customers would tell me horror stories about other carpet repair guys that made me wonder how they stayed in business. This was when the idea for Creative Carpet Repair first started to take shape.”
“I asked the question, ‘What do people expect when they hire a carpet burn repair guy?’ The answer seemed obvious. They want to be treated fairly. They want an honest estimate. They want the job done right, and they want the repair guy to stand by their work if something goes wrong.”
The Right Way to Do Carpet Burn Repair
“This was the way I always did business, so I set out to find local carpet repair guys all over the country who shared this same work ethic. This simply idea is my success story. The bottom line is that we provide our carpet repair contractors with a lot of work. If they don’t maintain our code of ethics, they will lose the work. Does the local carpet repair guy you find on Craigslist have to follow any guidelines?”
“I’m proud of what I’ve accomplished with Creative Carpet Repair. If you want quality work done by an honest carpet burn repair guy who backs up the job with an unconditional labor guarantee, then give us a call.”
There are many advantages to hiring one of our carpet burn repair experts
At Creative Carpet Repair, we focus on quality workmanship combined with unmatched customer care. Steve set out to eliminate the hassles commonly associated with carpet repair businesses, so that the customer feels like their money was well spent. Here is how the process works:
- Contact our office. When you call Creative Carpet Repair during business hours, you will be greeted by a customer service representative, and if it’s during off hours we will return your call. We value every customer, and we prove it by valuing their time.
- Obtain a reliable in-range estimate for the carpet repair work. If you need a carpet burn repair, explain the problem in detail, and our agent will provide you with an accurate in-range estimate based upon your description. When we send out a repair guy for a physical inspections, your cost will fall within this phone estimate, which is something no other carpet repair company is willing to do. You don’t have to worry about a cost bait-and-switch. We offer honest expectations on every burn repair, so you don’t have to worry about unwanted surprises.
- We dispatch a carpet repair expert. If you approve of our phone estimate, we will have one of our licensed, bonded, and insured carpet repair experts make contact with you. They will promptly follow up with you to arrange a house call. If you’re having a big party and have a deadline to get the repair done, we will work with you to meet it. Our dispatchers will follow up with your carpet repair contractor to ensure they reached out to you, so you never have to worry about being forgotten.
- The repair specialist we send will be hand-selected by Steve Gordon. They must have at least 10 years of carpet repair experience and have all the credentials we require. The person we send to your home will be thoroughly vetted, guaranteeing their moral fiber and professional capabilities.
- Your physical estimate and approval. Once your carpet burn repair guy inspects the damage with his own eyes, they will provide you with a firm estimate that falls within the parameters set on your initial phone call. We then ask something from you. If you agree to the estimate, let our repair guy do the work right then and there. Our part of the bargain is to come to your home and provide you with an estimate free of charge. All we ask is that you help our repair guy conserve his resources by letting him do the work while he’s in your home. If you choose not to do the work for whatever reason, our carpet repair guy will pick up his things and walk out the door. They won’t try to bully or pressure you into doing the work. You have all of the power in this relationship, so you never have anything to lose by giving us a call.
- When the work is done. Your carpet repair job will be completely quickly and efficiently. Most burn patch jobs are virtually unrecognizable when completed. If problems do arise for any reason, you can fall back on our 100% unconditional labor guarantee by giving us a call. We will send your repair guy back out at no cost to fix the problem.
Can you fix a carpet burn on your own? – DIY carpet repair
Take a look at some of our videos and get an idea of what it takes to professionally repair a carpet burn. All of our carpet repair prices are competetive and fair, but we understand that sometimes a person’s budget just doesn’t have any room to hire a professional. In these cases, you can use this information to decide whether you can fix a burn on your own.
Remember that your estimate is always free, so before spending money on tools you may only use once in your life, you can give us a call and find out what your carpet repair will cost without any risk whatsoever.
Carpet burn repair – the basics
First of all, the burned carpet must be removed. If the burn is on a high-traffic area, it’s important to cut away the affected carpet by using a precision tool like a Patch Master. This tool allows you to adjust the size of your cut from as little as a few inches to several feet in diameter.
Once the burned carpet is removed, it’s necessary to determine whether the carpet padding was also affected. If so, it must be replaced with padding that is of the same thickness, otherwise you will feel the difference.
Depending on where the replacement piece of carpet is retrieved, there may be slight variation in the tone of the patch when compared to the existing carpet. These variations often become less noticeable over time. Still, carpet patches look far better than nasty burned areas, and most people won’t even notice the repair unless you point it out.
The next step is to glue the patch into place. If it’s a high-traffic area, you want to be sure to put enough glue down to ensure the patch won’t work free. In some situations, you may also have to repair a section of the tack strip, but this is pretty uncommon in carpet burn situations.
Contact a carpet burn repair expert today, and take advantage of our 100% Unlimited Unconditional Lifetime Labor Guarantee
At Creative Carpet Repair, we understand the pitfalls of hiring a local carpet guy, so we changed the way our industry does business. Contact one of our representatives and get your own free estimate backed up by an unconditional labor guarantee that entirely eliminates any risk.
No other carpet repair company even attempts to do what we’ve been doing for over a decade. If you value hard work, honesty, and your safety, give us a call and fix your burned carpet without delay.